Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
WHY HAVE A RAIN BARREL?
· One-inch of rainfall on a 1,000 square-foot roof generates 623 gallons of runoff.
· In the summer, 40% of a typical household's water use goes to watering gardens and lawns.
· One barrel with a 125ft. of soaker hose attached will irrigate a flower/vegetable garden for over 6 hrs!
· Rain water is usually soft and free of dissolved minerals. This untreated water is great for indoor plans, your garden and lawn or washing your car.
· Neighbors will be jealous of your new garden toy.
· Once the water is collected IT’S FREE!
· According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, a rain barrel can potentially save most home owners about 1,300 gallons of water during the peak summer months.
For more information about purchasing a rain barrel, contact PETER DANIELS firstname.lastname@example.org.